rough (r f)
adj. rough·er, rough·est
……. Not perfected, completed, or fully detailed…..
Please keep this in mind as you click through the site
See also “About The Site and Fair Use”
Thanks and Enjoy - Russell Higgins AIA
Bio - Click Here
Portfolio - Click Here
Green Building Design and Construction - Click Here
The Architects Eternal Quest - the next job - the next project in:
- Sustainable buildings - Sustainable Environments -- Ck out the Green Building section.
- Building Energy Modeling - eQuest to fast Excel Calcs -- Ck out the Building Energy Modeling section.
- Buying / Fixing up an Old / Country House -- Ck out the Catskill House section.
- Bootstrapping your way to your first home -- Ck out the First Rough Designs section.
- Flood proofing your home -- Ck out the First Rough Designs section.
- Interested but you'd prefer the confidence inspired by a large firm.
I have / am teamed up with (as in worked with lately) several firms
all of whom can provide that level of confidence.
- Saving Energy - Cutting Your Energy Bills - Shrinking Your Carbon Footprint
- Super Insulation - Foundation Insulation - Deep Energy Retrofits -
- Photovoltaics - Ground Source Heat Pumps
- What is most economical, biggest bang for the buck,
- Cash strapped - need to know how to do it yourself ( DIY - What America IS About! )
- Click here and check out the Green Building section.
Browse the site for DIY Energy Saving Info, How Tos, and Inspirational "I thought there was a secret to insulating your own home, obviously not, let me get to it" . Please take a look at the Fair Use Policy for materials on site - Click Here and comply, I'm happy to help you help yourself, not help you get rich.
About this Site:
It's about words, not image ...
It's about thoughts, processes ...
It's about how architecture creates solutions for living ...
as well the eye candy we all love.
Partner at my last big gig "How do you know so much?"
I've not taken the straight and narrow path
I'm a little bit country, a little bit city, a little bit rock and roll, a little bit ..............
Really, not taking the straight and narrow path really helps in a profession as diverse as ours.
If you're going to try to use the built environment to integrate and mediate between humans, between humanity and nature , you have to know more than architecture.
News: 18 months of mile long walks after work to Cooper Union
and I earned their Green Building Design Certificate (Click for more).
Perk up your day with a WIN - WIN - WIN
For your kind assistance I am offering the following :
A very nice finders fee for a dream job / project, Click Here for more.
A charity donation for feedback on my website / resume, Click Here for more.
My Summer in the Catskills blurb, Winter in the Catskills to follow.
In short, there's a rustic campsite you can get to by bus (Trailways to Hunter / Tannersville via Woodstock / Phonecia) just ask the driver to drop you off, and ask where is a good place to flag him down on for your return trip. It the Devils Tombstone Campsite. Very scenic, lots of trails, quiet, and quite cool in the summer heat.
If you aren't into camping, there's a day or two or three of family fun in the area and a great Inn in Hunter, the Fairlawn Inn (where breakfast can last you all day long). Down the street is a multi - plex, where you might have your own private theater for the artier showings, eat in / out cafe / deli. In the area is the longest zip line in North Amercia and a running ski lift all year for the more sedentary mountain climbers, a huge mini - golf for the kids attached to a driving range for adults, and horses for all. A bit of regional theater, even a great spa.